Monday, July 11, 2005

Saying "I Love You"--Hah, Hah...

There's nothing like that moment when you and your sweetie say "I love you" for the first time. (Or so I've heard.) It can be nerve-wracking, emotional, and...funny? Renatt Brodsky, a freelance writer, is working on an upcoming Glamour story about women aged 20-35 who have comical stories about saying "I love you" for the first time. And she's asked JDaters Anonymous for our help:
We need the women to still be with the guys and have happy endings. The women can be telling about their own "I love you" misfires, or about that of the guy they are currently with. Like women who said I love you during a loud moment in a concert or movie or fireworks show then had to scream it to him, only for the noise to stop and everyone to turn around, or a guy who called his girlfriend and blurted out I love you as soon as she answered, but it ended up being the wrong number. Here's an example of one that works: "I had been dating my now-husband for a few months when I decided to tell him how I felt about him. The only problem? I was half-asleep at the time. So I roused myself semi-awake, rolled over, and said: 'I love you... Milk.' His name is Mike." - Nina Johnson, 30, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Personally, I think that story would be funnier if his name was Milk, and she accidentally called him "Mike." If you or any female you know has a funny story to share with Glamour please email Renatt the following information by Tuesday, 10 a.m.:

1. first and last name 2. age 3. city, state 4. email and number 5. Your comical story in two paragraphs- When did you say I love you, and Why did it end up being so hysterical?

And remember to tell her you're a reader of JDaters Anonymous...

And if you meet any nice Jewish guys named "Milk," please send them my way; I'd be happy to date them just for the comedy value.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheet, Where's the funny in that? JUST happy endings? I'd not buy the book, or see the movie without some realistic portrayals here. This is Bride Beautiful stuff. Fluff 'n nutter. For this you have an English degree? Bah!

Cheers, 'VJ'