Tuesday, February 15, 2005

CUPID'S WRATH

Two major Israeli dating sites, JDate.com and Cupidon.com, were taken out by unusually heavy traffic and technical upgrades last night. Some Israeli singletons think it's a PR stunt that it specifically happened on February 14th. Blame it on Valentine's Day! (I always do!) Did you log on to JDate last night? I didn't. I'm free. (At least until the messages start piling up in my inbox, I get curious and I rejoin like the sucker that I am.) A little birdie told me that JDate's doing some overhaul. We'll see how much it changes. Plus c'est la meme, plus ca change.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

At least until the messages start piling up in my inbox, I get curious and I rejoin like the sucker that I am.Sucker! They have you right where they want you. It's their way of manipulation. They all have Jewish mothers so they know how it's done.
I make them sound maniacal, don't I?
I've considered paying to see my messages- every time I see that I have them. Then I remember why I took my profile down. My loathing for jdate wins over curiosity (thank g-d).

I was going to post some off topic stuff but I think I'll email you instead.

writersbloc gal said...

right outside of my work building, oon 47th and bwy, there is a HUGE billboard with a JDate ad. HUGE. given that it's Times Sq, it kind of has to be though. but I've never seen JDate advertise itself in such a way, in such a mainstream place.

Ken Wheaton said...

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!