Tuesday, May 11, 2004

A Reader Responds... "I'm a man in my 50s, viewing your page...Reading your entry made me wonder...perhaps it's just that men in their 50s are the ones more likely to appreciate you/your blog/someone like you? That doesn't necessarily mean that something about you appeals to older men. Maybe, or even more likely, it's that men, in general, don't appreciate these things in a woman until we are in our 50s. At that point we finally begin to realize the interest and attraction of intelligent, nuanced women. Perhaps we (men in our 50s) just long for women our own or closer to our own age who explore, luxuriate in words, perhaps we don't find them elsewhere. Or again, putting the fault on our side, don't KNOW how to look for them except in disembodied web pages. Here we see women inside before we judge them on the outside." Interesting points. Then he continues: "On the other hand, do you know of women in their 50s, also on JDate, who write blogs? Are there many? All those I've seen are by younger women. I'd love to be pointed to their blogs or web pages." Got an answer? A comment? A reaction? Comment away, my friends...

No comments: