Sunday, April 02, 2006

Small JDate World

For all of those of you who are experiencing some "challenges," let's call them, with the people and process of JDate, I thought you'd enjoy knowing that at least you hadn't had this experience yet...
Today, Jdate, the online Jewish dating service, e-mailed me a potential match. It was my brother. It's a small world, I know. And this is Georgia. But one would hope the idea is to expand the dating pool, not limit it to one household.
The article's worth a read, if only to finally understand what the whole VPL ban is about. Plus, Jdatesgonewrong gets a plug from one of the interviewed daters...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh ... I read all these war stories about what seem to me to be completely inept men who are just completely clueless or were never taught manners. If I sound like I know better, I do. But when I try to make a comment a few weeks ago in this blog, and just happen to call a 37 y/o a "girl" ... I am "flamed" by a "potential" female that I deserve to be "taken out back and shot". So what do women REALLY want, how good are they really at screening based on the emails or the phone call(s), and are they really focused on the right things at the early stages? I suppose the same could be said of men, but I obviously don't have that perspective.

Blogger S.

Anonymous said...

Geez, I just about predicated such a possibility in the prior post. How's that for prescience? Cheers, 'VJ'

Anonymous said...

I read all these war stories about what seem to me to be completely inept men who are just completely clueless or were never taught manners...
--------
I don't know,
1. He shouldn't spit on you when he talks. Or at least not excessively.
2. Food spilled when he eats should be confined to his half of the table.
3. Foul language may be allowed. "Feh, who would pay these prices for this dreck!". No sexual curses at the dinner table.

Help me out, guys. Simcha

Jewish Mamale said...

Well I signed up for jdate last year and the first match they sent ME was my very recently (at that time)

EX HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!