Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I LOSE MY SASS ON JDATE

I haven't really lost my sass. It's just that my JDate profile used to say I was "Funny, smart and sassy," but now, the JDate censors have caught up to my plan to sneak the word ASS into my profile and deleted the words. So I did what any rational person would do. I quit. That's right. I've had it with them deleting things from my profile and not telling me about it. It would be one thing if they sent me an email or refused to post my profile based on some egregious misspelling or horrible misanthropic/psychotic sentiment. But I can't take it anymore. My words are all I have in a profile, and when I use them, I want them to be, um, used. But I'm zany that way. I'm not ending the blog, though. Even if we all quit JDate, I think we'd all have enough stories to sustain us through a good year or so more of posts. And I think it's important to have a place to go to where our PTSD is shared, and understood unconditionally. I'm hoping that I won't have to go back, but I know I will. You can't help it. Love it or hate it, JDate's a part of the Jewish single experience. In sickness and in health. Until marriage do us part.

2 comments:

annabel lee said...

(is it just me, or is blogspot.com really slow today?)

I applaud you. And heck yeah, I'm sure we have sufficient JDate stories to keep this site going for quite a while...But Esther, really, haven't you always wanted to be "Funny, smart, and sy"?

PepGiraffe said...

Good for you, Esther. We'll start a revolution, yet.